So it's a little odd that a cosplayer who's never cosplayed an animal or something similar has an animal reference in the name. A lot of this stems from my old staff name when I worked at summer camp which was about the time I started getting in to cosplay. Paw-print pays homage to that name: Tagg, short for Taggerung, an otter from The Taggerung which is part of The Redwall series written by Brian Jacques.
1) I adore Otters with a passion. They are adorable and very smart animals. My favorite subspecies being the Lutra lutra or European otter but the NA river otter is suuuuper cute too
2) According to Redwall lore, the Taggerung is said to be one of the most fearsome and powerful warriors in all the world, which to me, a fantasy loving bookworm is the coolest thing ever!
3) I am very much like a river Otter XD As they are active year-round, being most active at night and during twilight/dawn/dusk which baring dawn unless I've pulled an all nighter I totally find the most energy around this time! Fun fact: My favorite time to exercise is at dusk :3
This being said I've been thinking of changing it for a while now. Am unsure of what I want but would like to keep an otter theme? in mind, kind of as a homage to my origins ~
- root word for water from the Proto-Indo-European languageoter
- old english for otterLutra nippon
- lit. Japanese Otter (which is btw extinct DEnhydra lutris
- lit. Sea OtterLontra canadensis
- lit. NA River Otter